finch in CLI only

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:31:22 EDT 2009

>From the GNOME terminal everything's fine, however when I press ctrl-alt-
F2 for a "plain console" the behavior is a bit odd.  First I get a buddy
list, and alt-n won't bring up anything else.  After about ten minutes I
just randomly typed in "/join #pidgin" in the buddy list window where I
would normally indicate "away from keyboard" or whatever.  Oddly enough,
this then brought up the nickserv window from which I was able to join
freenode chat rooms as normally would happen.  Now, alt-n cycles through
to the next window as expected.

I tried the esc as described, but this didn't help.  Also, I can't seem
to get into the drop-down menus.  For instance, I can get to the buddy
list and get a list of "invisible, available," etc, but cannot select
them as from GNOME terminal.  However, I can type into the field below
the list, I just can't seem to "select" an item from the list unless I'm
in GNOME terminal (or, I expect, KDE terminal, etc).  (Fedora 10.)

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Thufir