Cant change local alias

ChO₂ chemistrydioxide at quantentunnel.de
Wed May 27 13:55:16 EDT 2009

I'm afraid that you might have misunderstood something (although I might
be on the wrong track with this assumption):

- The local alias is only local, that's why it's called a _local_ alias.
It is *only* shown to *You*, not to other users. Your buddies will see
your friendly name (or an alias that they gave to you) instead.

- You need to click the "Save" button when you close the "edit account"
window if you want to save your changes, not "Cancel".

- The local alias is account-specific.

If you're sure that you understand how local aliases work, please double
check twice that it's really broken.