Running Pidgin 2.6.6 on Windows 7

Jim Bruno bruno.jim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 08:36:58 EDT 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am having some problems setting up and using Pidgin 2.6.6. on Windows 7.

I have previously used Pidgin 2.6.2 on a Win XP with no problem what so ever
but on my new laptop I have Win7 and have configured my MSN and XMPP
accounts exactly the same an it will not work.

I am using the old lapotop/Pidgin connecting through the same wireless lan
and it works fine. I can access internet with a browser on the new laptop,
but when I try to connect the MSN or XMPP accounts on the Win7 machine it
never connects and the error message is "Unable to authenticate:
Authentication failure" for one service and "Not Authorized" for the other.

I suspect this error pertains to Win7 but I am new to this version so I'm
not sure what to do now.

Can anyone please suggest something? I am at a loss here and really need
some help.

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards/ Vänliga hälsningar