support

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Tue Apr 27 13:48:29 EDT 2010

On 4/27/2010 5:03 AM, Ashu Bajpai wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
>                Can you tell me if I am using Pidgin and i logged in by
> using my yahoo account and if seperately on my system I logged via
> yahoo messenger. Then will I be log off from Pidgin or both will work
> simultaneously like I logged in my yahoo account via Pidgin and Yahoo
> messenger from two places is it happen or if I logged in Pidgin using
> yahoo account then I will be log off from yahoo messenger. Tell me for
> other accounts also. Becuase I don't want anyone to use any other
> messenger except pidgin.

On almost every protocol I can think of, you can only log on once. If
you try to log on from another computer, or even another client on the
same computer, once you log on, you log out the other 'session'. So if
you open up Yahoo Messenger, then log in, you're logged in via Yahoo IM.
If you then open pidgin and log into Yahoo, it will log out your session
on Yahoo IM - regardless if it's the same computer or a different computer.

I know Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, etc work this way, not sure about say IRC or the
other protocols.