Pidgin does not ask for password again when I give a wrong one.

Nate manfnw at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 22 01:10:53 EDT 2010

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your email. It's MSN. And it also happens to other protocols and
all the Pidgin versions I've used. I expect Pidgin to ask me for password
again when I click on the "reconnect" button when I entered a wrong one.
It's pretty odd that Pidgin does NOT ask for password again when the
password is wrong. It seems Pidgin remembers the wrong password and connects
to the Internet automatically. It does NOT give me a chance to correct the
password.

But I have the solution now. If I see the message "Unable to authenticate:
Authentication Failure", I just cancel the connecting and go back to the
Manage Accounts and click on the Save button again. And when I try to have
the account connected, Pidgin asks for password again and I have a chance to
correct the password.

--
Cheers,

Nate