Getting rid of Pidgin!

Darlene Lee drlanddaul at dwave.net
Tue Mar 9 23:22:32 EST 2010

{Pidgin came on my computer.  It could just stay there even though I
don't intend to use it.  Ever.  But every time I turn on the computer, I
get 2 Pidgin windows reminding that I have listed no "buddies."  I have
to get rid of these windows to carry on with using the machine and it's
a pain. How can I keep them from appearing at every startup?  I've tried
everything I could access and nothing changes, though at first I only
had one of these things, so I've actually made it worse somehow.  Or
should I just uninstall Pidgin to get rid of the windows.  If so, how do
I do that and will it affect my email otherwise?  I am running a Linux
OS, by the way, if that matters.   I will appreciate advice!

D.