Buddy list problems

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 5 12:09:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:58, Richter, David
<David.Richter at ascensionhealth.org> wrote:
> when I add people to my “buddy list” the next time I start Pidgin they are
> gone.
>
> If go to “add buddies” and add them manually (since it doesn’t want to let
> me pick them from a list of actual users)
>
> It is not adding the “real” one, but just a name that is not a real person
> and is on-line.
>
> And I did pay attention to their case.
>

> Is there an good way to rebuild my “buddy list” ?

Which protocol (AIM/ICQ/MSN/XMPP/etc.) are you seeing this with?

Is this an internal corporate server?

In that case, this is something that you'd have to take up with your
internal IT; frequently the list of buddies is enforced on the server
in such situations.

-D