gtk.zip file download issues

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:02:11 EDT 2010

I downloaded latest version, and found that it was downloading 10+ MB
GTK.zip which took a long time.

However, I could not find where it stored the downloaded file so that
I save that safely so that I don't need to re-download it if I format
my pc. Where does it save it?

It is suggested to ask for location to save the downloaded file and
store it there and run from there. Or, providing a link from where
user can download and install gtk.zip so that we can save it at some
known place.

--
My previous version of pidgin installer was already having gtk in the
zip file. If I install that, would the new pidgin run on that instead

Thanks.
--
Rawat