fetion

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Oct 8 17:26:00 EDT 2010

David Woolley wrote:

http://github.com/gradetwo/fetion you geng xin de fetion plugin (>0.98-5).

> There are a few characters I need to look up, but I think that he is
> saying that 飞信 (name of product?) only has version 2.7.3, is there a

Actually, this is the name of the service (flying letter). fetion seems
to be an unusual, or regional, phonetic spelling. The normal phonetic
spelling is feixin.

> newer one.  He is using fetion_v0.97-1 (Linux distribution????) but is

fetion 0.97 is the plugin.  I guess this means it is a third party
plugin and not supported here.  For 0.97, there seems to be no
documentation or copyright statement in the source tree, so I can't work
out where the official support channel is.  (Actually a couple of files
have copyright notices for Thomas Butter, and GPL claims, but I think
they are the result of an illegal derivation of the code - it doesn't
meet the GPL distribution requirements ("Copying", proper copyright
notices), even if it was intended to do so. (Unofficial Chinese
translation of GPL:
<http://www.certifiedchinesetranslation.com/openaccess/gnuv3-tc.html>)

There is a 0.98-5+ version at <http://github.com/gradetwo/fetion>, but
still no hint as to where to get support.  This includes login code
updated on August 10th this year.

--
David Woolley