auto update ?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 21 18:11:01 EST 2011

Rene ' wrote:
> i see, you think notifying the user of a new version is bad, mixing it
> up with forced updates, like from msn.

I never said that.  I said auto-updates were bad and agreed that it was
right that they not be included.  Auto-notification is included, and
just needs to be turned on.

Incidentally, another problem with auto-updates is many people actually
end up relying on bugs, or at least on features that were never
officially supported.

--
David Woolley