.purple Directory

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Jul 5 09:11:58 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 08:09:09AM -0400, Bobby Walker wrote:
> Attention Pidgin Support:
>
> We at Purdue University use Pidgin as one of the many articles of software
> on campus.  Our issue, is because we use roaming profiles, I've tried to
> use the pidgin.exe -c "H:\pu.data\Application Data\.purple" switch and that
> doesn't seem to work.  From what I understand that creates the new config
> profile but doesn't tell it to use that as the "default" location of
> .purple .....
> So, is there something that needs to be done to make pidgin.exe to use the
> .purple folder on the H: drive NOT local.

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Whereismy.purpledirectory

(To forstall the possible "Yes, but I know where it is, thank you very
much" response, that FAQ entry has the answer you want as well.)

I believe it wants to be set to the new "appdata" path and not the full
.purple path (but testing that should be quick enough).

    -Etan