Kurdish is not the official language of Turkey

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Jul 14 08:46:49 EDT 2011

David Balažic spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I'll just add that:
>  - having two language choices is confusing and unnecessary (one for
>  installer and one for the app itself)

I believe this is due to Windows' general brokenness.  Windows is
sufficiently broken that many people do not use a coherent locale, if
it even has a concept of a coherent locale.  At least, this is the
impression I have gotten from various translation complaints over the
years.  I don't know, I use a C translation locale and non-Windows
operating systems.

> PS: For the hot blooded Turks: Include a "Turkish" option in the
> installer that just brings up a text block after clicking Next, that
> explains no Turk has bothered to provide a turkish translation, unlike
> Kurds... (the last part could be dropped)
>
> Could the author of the app translation be contacted about this? If he
> translated the application, the installer is surely a much smaller
> piece of work?

Our Turkish translation has not been updated since 2007.  I am in the
process of hopefully bringing in a complete update.

Ethan