Pidgin(AIM): "GET INFO" function question

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jun 14 13:56:16 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM, ladeda dadela <italix at gmail.com> wrote:
> does anyone know how to change or hide one's "member since:" info. this info
> is displayed when using the "Get info" function

I don't think it's possible to change this information.  As far as I
know the value is created and maintained by AOL and does not change.
It seems plausible that it is somehow possible to hide this
information, but I don't know how.  If it IS possible to hide it, it's
probably either:
1. Related to your privacy setting and whether the other person is on
your buddy list
2. Some other setting that Pidgin doesn't support changing

--Mark