pidgin 2.7

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon May 16 10:44:42 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 09:55:13AM -0400, Jarvis Jones wrote:
> is there any plan for a build for older versions of ubuntu? it seems the
> older version of pidgin that i have from ubuntu doesnt work properly. i have
> juanty by the way. 9.04 is there a guide to building 2.7 for 9?

I believe there were some build problems with older versions of Ubuntu
that made building the PPA packages not work correctly so the decision was
made not to continue attempting to build for them (especially as I also
believe those distros are now past end of life).

But as was said you should be able to build pidgin yourself if upgrading
to a current version of Ubuntu (or some other distribution) isn't a viable
option.

    -Etan