Pidgin is garbage on Ubuntu 12.04

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Jul 10 01:30:59 EDT 2012

Hi Sergio,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
Sergio benjamim Rocha filho <sergio_br2 at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'd like to say that pidgin was my favorite messenger client on Ubuntu. But now it just a great garbage in Ubuntu 12.04 (with Unity). It doesn't work! There are many bugs that doesn't allow to use Pidgin correctly. Let me show you:

I don't know about Ubuntu with Unity, but Pidgin works perfectly fine on Mageia
Linux 2 or Mageia Linux Cauldron, whether with KDE or with LXDE. I also tried
it on MS Windows and it works fine there as well. Does Pidgin work fine on
non-Unity desktop environments?

If Pidgin does not work fine with Unity, which is a newfangled creation of
Ubuntu, then it is Ubuntu’s responsibility to fix it.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
[SNIP]