Successful formula for MSN file transfers with Live Messenger users?

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Sat Jun 30 12:27:17 EDT 2012

On 6/30/2012 4:13 AM, Mark Rousell wrote:
> Does anyone have file transfers working over MSN in either direction? If
> so, can you let me know your configuration please?

1) Install Dropbox
2) Copy the file into your Dropbox folder
3) Right click on the file, find the Dropbox menu item, choose "Copy
Link" or similar.
4) Copy the link into the clipboard.
5) Paste it into pidgin.

I realize this isn't quite what you're asking, but file transfers barely
work among the authorized clients in various network configurations,
third party clients don't seem to have a chance outside of ideal
configurations with a ton of luck.

Using a tool designed to transfer files rather than a tool designed to
transfer messages will generally yield better results across the board.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/