Uninstall Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun May 6 04:56:22 EDT 2012

Lewecker at aol.com wrote:
> I have been trying to uninstall pidgin. It wont let me do it because it
> says a trace of pidgin is running. I cannot find anything running on

If this is Windows, close it down in the system tray, on the bottom
right. You will find that MS Messenger also continues to run there when
the main interface is closed down.  (More drastic: you could use task
manager to kill it, but that should not be needed.)

> pidgin.  I hate this site. It wont even allow me to add friends and

What site?  Pidgin is a client, that can use multiple services
(including AIM).  There is no site, associated with Pidgin itself, that
provides any instant messaging services!

> keeps saying the password in invalid and they have had the same
> passwords for years.

You shouldn't need to know any password except your own.

> I guess I have to pay for one of those uninstall downloads.

Pidgin is not difficult to uninstall.

> Can you tell me how to stop everything that is running on pidgin ?? I
> cannot find it...All I get is the pidgin icon and it pulls up the buddy
> list which is useless.

As above, you need to go to the system tray, at the bottom right, and
quit it there.

--
David Woolley