MSN not working

Jeffrey Brewster Jeffrey.Brewster at quantum.com
Fri Apr 5 16:53:56 EDT 2013

I just installed Pidgin as my team was grumbling about the new Skype change with MSN messenger (I refuse to use Messenger and they hate Skype).  I have used Pidgin on Ubuntu and it works (pretty) well.  The trouble is, all my team is on MSN and when I try to contact them, they show offline, I am able to add all but one (which it just can't find) but they show offline, and I have confirmed with them that they are online. (I am on Win7 N - 64).   I am sad that I now have to uninstall Pidgin, because I have spent enough time trying to troubleshoot and reading  bug reports (I hate IM - it is not my full time job, nor do I want it to be).

Just thought I would let you know about my experience  because I (was/am?) a fan...

(I am just gonna go back to telling my team to email me).

Thanks,

Jeff Brewster | Web Administrator | Quantum | Office: 949.725.1810 | Mobile: 714.421.2806 | jeffrey.brewster at quantum.com<mailto:jeffrey.brewster at quantum.com>
[be-certain_lockup.gif]<http://www.quantum.com/becertain>

[twitter.gif]<http://www.twitter.com/quantumcorp>[facebook-logo.gif]<http://www.facebook.com/quantumcorp>[you-tube.gif]<http://www.youtube.com/quantumcorp>[QU-logo.gif]<http://blog.quantum.com/>[slideshare-logo.gif]<http://www.slideshare.net/quantumcorp>[linkedin-logo.gif]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/quantum>[googleplus-logo.gif]<https://plus.google.com/108731297586817383814/posts>

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.