Google Chats not syncing between Pidgin and GMail/Android

canadianco canadianco at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:29:40 EDT 2013

Using Google Chat with a Google Apps for Your Domain account. When I
receive an incoming IM, I can see it in both Pidgin and GMail, as well as
the Android app (now Hangouts). If I reply using Pidgin, my response shows
up in GMail or on Android, but if I reply using either of those, that
response doesn't show in Pidgin and the chat appears to be dead (in
Pidgin), until another incoming IM appears. Is there a way to fix this, or
is it just inherent in the system?

Thanks!