transparent ntlm authentication in pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Oct 17 03:03:45 EDT 2013

On 17/10/13 06:06, Вадим wrote:

> authentication transparently? I mean, when I log in at doman the data
> will automatically transfer to Pidgin, and I'll never need to change
> password on it. Is that way?

Windows will never give application programs raw credentials.  However
this thread:
<http://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2008-February/014090.html> suggests
it may be possible to use Kerberos.

I don't know enough about that environment to say for sure this can be
done, but this is going to be the only possible route, so I'd suggest
reading the thread a bit more carefully than my initial glance.

(Note that NTLM normally refers to a pre-Kerberos authentication protocol.)