Pidgin: buggy file reception behavior

Cedric Bhihe cedric.bhihe at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:56:26 EDT 2014

Hello,
Please bear with me, as I don't know whether this is third party plugin
related or not.
Thanks you.

My config:
OS: Windows XP SP3 - Pidgin 2.10.9 - Skype-Plugin ? - Skype 4.2.0.163 -
Win Firewall - AVG 2012)
(The Skype-plugin from http://eion.robbmob.com bore no version-info
except for "skype4" on the site. I assume it is the latest one.)

Problem description:

When receiving a file sent from Skype by a buddy in the list, the Pidgin
file transfer
window's "receive" or "accept" button is greyed out, making it
impossible to actually
receive said file.

Because Skype stands open in the background, switching to it and
"accepting" the file is
possible. Pidgin acknowledges the action of accepting the file from
Skype and shows an
appropriate message in the IM window. It also signals the end of the
transmission and
places a clickable (html-like) filename in blue in the IM window.
Clicking on it opens
the file normally.

This buggy behavior (the "accept" icon being greyed out) is perfectly
reproducible and
persistent. I have tried restarting Pidgin and even rebooting the
computer to check for
a change in behavior ... to no avail.