Pidgin 2.12.0. Always crashing on screen resolution changes

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Wed Jul 4 00:27:22 EDT 2018

Hi Mark,

If you're getting crashes without an update to the ~/.purple/Pidgin.RPT
file and you want to get a backtrace, then you'll want to run Pidgin
through gdb: https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GetABacktrace#TheEasyWay

Before you do that however, it'll be easier to get a debug log out of
Pidgin https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports#ObtainingaDebugLog
There might be enough info in the debug log that running through gdb isn't
needed, so definitely do this as a "step one."

Would be interested to see what the backtrace/debug log shows though once
you can grab it. :)

Cheers,
Eion