Pidgin stuck at "connecting" after while Windows 11

Tomáš Růžička tom604 at seznam.cz
Mon Jun 13 10:28:14 EDT 2022

Hi,
we are using Pidgin for long time but it seems that after upgrade to W11
some computers have problem with connecting to ejabberd XMPP server.
Pidgin starts automatically with windows login but after some time
(minutes, hours it depends) it stuck in state "connecting" and it never
finish. Once you switch to "offline" and "online" it is again working.
Problem seems to show once you upgrade from W10 to W11 on some PC. What
helped was to switch from onboard lan to USB lan. So the problem could
be related to some eco/sleeping feature? What can we try to find out the
problem? This also occurst on latest version 2.14.10.

Thank you

Tomas