Anybody can help reopen ticket #111 ?

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 23:53:06 EDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
> My understanding, from that ticket, was that zh_HK and zh_TW, as our
> zh_TW currently exists, are equivalent.  I may have insufficiently added
> zh_HK, but it should exist in mtn now.

It is not exactly correct. zh_TW and zh_HK translation are intelligible
with each other, but there are subtle differences in wording usage,
which can almost be addressed by a one-to-one glossary conversion
script. That's why I want to reopen the ticket.

Hong Kong people can understand zh_TW translation, and Taiwan
people can understand zh_HK translation; but they would feel
not entirely comfortable with it. That's the point.

Abel

> luke

Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF