Please update your NSIS files

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Fri May 18 07:06:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

Bjoern Voigt skribis:
> Hello!
>
> I found that my German NSIS translation file
> (pidgin-mtn/pidgin/win32/nsis/translations/german.nsh) was not
> up-to-date for Pidgin 2.0.0 release.
>
> 3 new macros
>
>         * GTK_WINDOWS_INCOMPATIBLE "Windows 95/98/Me are incompatible
>           with GTK+ 2.8.0 or newer.  GTK+ ${GTK_INSTALL_VERSION} will
>           not be installed.$\rIf you don't have GTK+ ${GTK_MIN_VERSION}
>           or newer already installed, installation will now abort."
>         * PIDGIN_PROMPT_CONTINUE_WITHOUT_UNINSTALL "Unable to uninstall
>           the currently installed version of Pidgin. The new version
>           will be installed without removing the currently installed
>           version."
>         * URI_HANDLERS_SECTION_TITLE "URI Handlers"
>
> were added recently (007-03-16).
>
> Only 4 translation files currently have these new strings included. So
> please check your translation files.
>
> My suggestion:
>
>     Unfortunately "intltool" does not support the NSIS translation
>     files. So it's difficult to find updates (new, changed strings) in
>     english.nsh if you do not carefully watch the Monotone update log. I
>     suggest, that the developers should announce changes to english.nsh
>     here in this list.

Could it be also mentioned to the translators that the .nsh files are to
be translated? This would be as simple as mentioning it from the wiki
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForTranslators (not sure who
has the right to modify the page).

That would be nice also to add a link to latest english.nsh from the page
http://developer.pidgin.im/l10n/, next to the .pot file.

Cheers,
--
Stéphane