Is anyone working on Khmer translation?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Oct 1 01:45:34 EDT 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:17:43 +1000, Soputtra San wrote
> Yes, I did visit that page. I have a few more questions. Do I have
> to finish all the translation before I could upload the .po file, or
> I could also submit the partially translated one?

You don't have to finish the translation before you can upload the po,
however, uploading it frequently causes a little more work for us.  Users only
get the new translation when there is a new release of Pidgin, so you don't
gain very much by uploading early.

We generally make an announcement on this mailing list a few days before we
release a new version.  During those days we hope that translators will update
their .po file to account for any new strings, and submit the new file to us
using trac: http://developer.pidgin.im/simpleticket

> Also, how can I test the translation file? I don't know where to put
> the .po file.

I think you need to convert the .po file to a .mo file, and then install it to
$PREFIX/share/$LANG/LC_MESSAGES/pidgin.mo.  I don't know how to do that off
the top of my head, but I think I might look it up.  If I figure it out before
someone else responds I'll let you know.

-Mark