String frozen for 2.2.0

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Sep 10 17:22:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 15:11 -0400, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> Oh, right -- yes, we understand this problem, and we will be reducing
> to sentences with more complete context, modulo unknowables such as
> screen names.

Translators:
This has been fixed now. Hopefully, all the string changes are complete
and we should be frozen for real now.

Developers:

The XMPP protocol needs to use the new attention API. Sean is going to
look at this.

We were also talking earlier that we should probably have a core signal
that an attention request was received. This would allow plugins to
block it or UIs (like Adium) to block it and implement crazy
window-shaking behavior. As adding this signal would force a minor bump
and because the behavior is new now, it'd make sense to implement this
before 2.2.0. I might be able to make time for this, but it's not a huge
priority for me personally. If someone else wanted to tackle it, I'd
really love that.

Richard