Lastlog and backlog

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 27 12:27:24 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:17 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> I think they should be marked for translation.  If Pidgin was created by a
> bunch of guys in Japan I know I'd be annoyed if I had to type /結合しなさい
> instead of /join

If we're going to do that, then I think we might want to do something
like this:
        cmd = purple_cmd_register(N_("lastlog"), "s", PURPLE_CMD_P_DEFAULT,
                        PURPLE_CMD_FLAG_CHAT | PURPLE_CMD_FLAG_IM, NULL,
                        /* Translator Note: The "backlog" is the conversation buffer/history. */
                        lastlog_cb, _("%s: Searches for a substring in the backlog."), NULL);

Then purple_cmd_register could add (to the command list) the command in
English and then call gettext() on the name and add it again localized.
This way, users would still be able to use the English versions that
appear in examples (and are the current form) but could use localized
versions as well.

Richard