What is the X property?

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Fri May 16 14:59:36 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:47:19PM +0200, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
<snip>
> But I still wonder
> about the fact that the X property changes have no visual effect in my
> setup (KDE with kwin or GNOME with metacity). Anyway, now I have
> probably enough information to translate the option.
>
> Björn

The property that plugin sets is in no way standard, and while tools like
xprop look for all properties most applications do not. They could, they
just don't. I added that option so that I could write a script for my
window manager to have it display the number of pending messages in my
status bar.

	-Etan