Pidgin is string frozen!

Sean Burke leftmostcat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:32:28 EDT 2009

Scríobh Mark Doliner:
>> The arguments to long options like --config=DIR and --login=[NAME] is
>> now not translatable any more.  DIR and NAME should be translatable.
>>

> Ah, good point.  We'll fix that (but not for this release, of course).

The policy for GNOME is that marking existing untranslatable strings for
translation isn't a violation of string freeze. This seems like solid
reasoning to me. If someone doesn't get to the string in time, nothing
changes. However, it gives some people the chance to translate a string
which would otherwise show up in English, period. Why not adopt a
similar policy?

Seán de Búrca