Pidgin is string frozen!

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Sun May 9 16:04:58 EDT 2010

Ambrose LI wrote:
> I wonder if there's any official guidance as to what the following
> terms might actually mean (i.e., some guidance as to the specific
> nuances in mind), as the source doesn't seem to say much about these
> strings:
>
> - OSCAR statuses: "Evil", "Depression", "Surfing" (same as Web Browsing?)
> - Moods (many seem to have ambiguous / similar / non-obvious
> meanings): "Amorous", "Aroused", "Depressed" vs "Dejected", "Grateful"
> vs "Thankful", "Spontaneous", "Strong", etc.

yes, this is a problem. In German for instance "Grateful" and
"Thankful" has the same translation. Anyway, the user should have
two different mood descriptions in the XMPP mood list dialog.

You can find some hints about the moods directly in the XMPP PEP
specification:

XEP-0107: User Mood
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0107.html

Greetings,