Pidgin is string frozen!

Ambrose LI ambrose.li at gmail.com
Sun May 9 22:49:55 EDT 2010

On 9 May 2010 16:04, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de> wrote:
> yes, this is a problem. In German for instance "Grateful" and
> "Thankful" has the same translation. Anyway, the user should have
> two different mood descriptions in the XMPP mood list dialog.
>
> You can find some hints about the moods directly in the XMPP PEP
> specification:
>
> XEP-0107: User Mood
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0107.html

Thanks for the hints. XEP-0107 helped a lot for clarifying moods.

Unfortunately seems to be no serious considerations for
internationalization at all. (I guess I can't blame anyone since these
are already in use so their hands are tied.) Many of these terms
translate completely differently in their physical and emotional
senses. Having to find something that can be used for both will be
kind of unnatural for some of these terms…

If anyone has any hints for "Evil", "Depression", and "Surfing" it'd
be great. Thanks in advance.

--
cheers,
-ambrose