Pidgin is string frozen!

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Mon May 10 16:38:30 EDT 2010

Op So, 2010-05-09 om 22:04 +0200 skryf Bjoern Voigt:
> Ambrose LI wrote:
> > I wonder if there's any official guidance as to what the following
> > terms might actually mean (i.e., some guidance as to the specific
> > nuances in mind), as the source doesn't seem to say much about these
> > strings:
> >
> > - OSCAR statuses: "Evil", "Depression", "Surfing" (same as Web Browsing?)
> > - Moods (many seem to have ambiguous / similar / non-obvious
> > meanings): "Amorous", "Aroused", "Depressed" vs "Dejected", "Grateful"
> > vs "Thankful", "Spontaneous", "Strong", etc.
>
> yes, this is a problem. In German for instance "Grateful" and
> "Thankful" has the same translation. Anyway, the user should have
> two different mood descriptions in the XMPP mood list dialog.
>
> You can find some hints about the moods directly in the XMPP PEP
> specification:
>
> XEP-0107: User Mood
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0107.html
>
> Greetings,
> Björn

Ok, this is interesting!

Does anyone have a screenshot?  I'd like to see how this choice is
presented (is it part of a string, or does the user just see "Mood:"?)

I have one translation that is very long  (39 characters) that I guess
might not fit. Also, I'd like to see how "Undefined" is used.

Thank you for any help.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: