3 Questions from new translator

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Jun 3 19:54:01 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Gideon van Melle
<translations at gvmelle.com> wrote:
> in this context, could you explain the relation with transiflex?

Sure.  In the past we only accepted translation updates through Trac
(by creating a new ticket and attaching the updated po file), or by
giving you commit access directly to our version control system.

Over the past year we've started accepting translations through
Transifex.  We still only accept translations from the person listed
in Pidgin's Help dialog, and so we tend to reject random team requests
on Transifex because we usually don't recognize the name.  If you're
listed in our Help dialog (aka the designated translator for a given
language) and you want to start using Transifex, just apply to join
the appropriate Pidgin translation team at
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/pidgin/ then email me and Richard
Laager (rlaager at pidgin.im) and ask us to approve your request.

Transifex is actually a little easier for us, but feel free to use
whichever method you prefer.  I just added some of this information to
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForTranslators, but I probably
didn't explain it as well as I could have.

Also, I tried to create separate resources in Transifex for the 2.x.y
stable releases and for the 3.x.y development code.  Hopefully that's
clear, but Transifex is still a bit new to me, so please let me know
if you have suggestions on a better way to organize things.

Gideon, was this helpful?  Did I answer your question?