Turkish Installer Translation

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 21 13:08:57 EDT 2012

2012/3/21 Şenol Özkan <snlzkn at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> Today I wanted to install Pidgin after trying Instantbird and when I
> downloaded from the website, the installer offered me only 2
> languages. English and Kurdî. After searching for more information as
> I know that Turkish is also supported, I read that the installer
> translation was not more than 50% and it was not included. I would
> like to complete this translation since people who only can speak
> Turkish will get confused and maybe will not even install the
> software.
>
> I downloaded the tr.po file from the website and the entries seem to
> be translated. Does the installer use a different translation file?

The installer text is also in the same tr.po file.

I just downloaded the tr.po file and most of the installer messages
don't appear to be translated.

The installer messages start on line 14982 on the file I just
downloaded ("$(^Name) is released under the GNU General Public License
(GPL). The license ") and go to line 15111 - only a few of these are
currently translated.

-D