pidgin.pot for 2.x.y branch - strings 174 & 175

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Fri May 23 08:01:40 EDT 2014

(Darktech/4.75 Gibraltar kompliant) <tskuhn at gmail.com>:
> Thing is — I'm working currently on the pidgin.pot for 2.x.y branch and I
> found this in strings 174 & 175:
>
> ■String 174:
> %s is not a valid message class. See '/help msgcolor' for valid message
> classes.
>
> ■String 175:
> %s is not a valid color. See '/help msgcolor' for valid colors.
>
> In both cases says See '/help msgcolor' but the string 174 it's about valid
> message class, not about valid colors. Is string 174 correct?

It is indeed a bug. Could you please report it to the developers by
filing a ticket on Pidgin's bug tracking system? They (and us
translators) would really appreciate that! Please let us know if you
have any problems with it, and don't ever hesitate reporting bugs. :)

You can register and file a ticket here: https://developer.pidgin.im/newticket

> I'm KNTRO. I'm new to the Pidgin Translators' world; :) I'll be working on
> the Argentine Spanish locale from now on.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the reason for a
separate locale for Argentinian Spanish? Every other free
software/open source project I know of has only one Spanish
translation and one Spanish translation team. I wonder if it is
necessary for Pidgin to have more.

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg